Friday, March 29, 2013

My Mind's Eye - March Sketch Challenge


I have recently purchased My Mind's Eye Remarkable collection from the MemoryWorks' Spring Catalog, and was anxious to use it.  Then I came across the March Sketch Challenge over at their blog, and decided to play along :)



I chose a photo of my son, Owen playing in one of his soccer games.  I know probably all parents say it, but he's a natural at this sport :) I didn't get to watch the whole game...I was sitting at the girls' game, and my husband was watching the boys' game. But, I did get there just in time to snap a really awesome picture.  Bill (my husband) always promises the kids $5 for every goal they make, and $2 for every goal they block...Owen earned $6 this game....


I thought the photo looked great with these papers, and it made for a very masculine looking layout.  Which is good, I definitely like my boy pages to look like boy pages!


I've been really liking the look of paint, lately...which is odd, because it's not my usual 'clean' style. I've been liking to use it, but I don't have a wide variety of it...because it's not something that I do typically use.  So, what I've been doing is taking some white paint, and mixing it with ink pad refills to come up with a color to match my layouts. Now, because I'm mixing it with white...it does tend to turn out a bit lighter than the colors on the projects, but still falls with the same shades/color families.  I've spattered it on my background here, before sticking everything down, and I've also used it to outline my acrylic frame.
I had fun with this layout...and there's more to come with this collection in an upcoming blog hop for the MemoryWorks Spring Catalog...you won't want to miss it :)


Supply List:
My Mind's Eye [Remarkable] - Patterned Paper, Glazed Brads, Stickers (Label, Tiny Word); Stamps (4x6 - arrow) 
Stampin' Up! - Cardstock (Crumb Cake); Ink (Baja Breeze)
American Crafts - Letter Stickers
Heidi Swapp - Acrylic Frame
Ek Success - Border Punch
Apple Barrel - White Paint
other - staples






Thanks for looking!


Pin It!

4 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful page, Kelly! LOVE this line, too, and it works to well with pics of your cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!

my web site ... free stuff in nyc

Virginia said...

Great take on the March sketch. I love the paint splatter. Check out my submission at http://www.fynesdesigns.com/sct-presents-crop-and-create-moncton/

Cathy said...

Love your work as always....I stalk your page to see what you are going to do next! Love the paint!