Friday, March 22, 2013

CASE Study #133



I Just have a couple of cards to share. I have niece, and a nephew with birthdays this month....So, I went looking for a challenge that would inspire for both a boy and a girl card. While browsing the challenges, I came across this one from CASE Study...

The card to CASE is this one from Julie Ebersole, the March Muse:



My boy version:
Supply List:
Stampin' Up! - Cardstock (Whisper White, Soft Sky); Ink (Basic Black, Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red); Stamps (Extreme Dirt Bike, Birthdays Count, Extreme Elements); Embossing Folder (Clouds); Punches (Stars); Corner Rounder
Fancy Pants [The Good Life] - Patterned Paper; Border Stickers

I loved the idea of using a chevron pattern - looks kinda like tire tracks. I need to dig out this stamp more, but I have a really hard time doing masculine cards. I love these colors, though - I think they scream 'little boy' :)  I'm really loving how it turned out.

My girl version:
Supply List:
Stampin' Up! - Cardstock (Whisper White, Soft Sky); Ink (Early Espresso); Stamp (Birthdays Count); Embossing Folder (clouds)
American Crafts/Dear Lizzy - Stickers [Neapolitan] - Patterned Paper (Yellow Polka Dot, Floral)


Oddly enough, it was my girl version that I had a hard time with. I had this bike, or a pink chipboard one.  The chipboard one ended up being a bit large for the card...but I liked it way better than this one.  It still turned out kinda cute, though :)

Now to get them in the mail, before they become belated birthday cards......


Thanks for looking!


Pin It!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

LOVE THEM! Is that a new embossing folder?? Cause I love it!

samantha's cards said...

wow! both versions are fabuolous.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are both such fun cards! I love the combination of the different embossings, Wonderful composition.

Giavanna Lau said...

Kelly I LOVE these cards!! You are AMAZING girl!! I have not seen a cloud embossing folder-how cute!

Jeanne J said...

You made two? First love the cool guy one - you captured so much motion - from the image to the chevrons and the neat clouds - the second is such contrast - soft and beautiful!

Debby said...

Oh my! g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s both! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Jill Norwood said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Just love them!