Saturday, February 11, 2012

Color Combos Galore #218 - Cards Week!

Hello! February is National Mend a Broken Heart month, and what better way to mend a broken heart, than to sew it back together!  With that golden nugget, I bring you this week's challenge from Color Combos Galore:



I probably took the most obvious route of combining 9 hearts and stitching, but it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the challenge.  I also used a strip of vellum, as inspired by the transparent look from the back of the tape.

My card:
Supply List:
cardstock - Stampin' Up! (Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, vellum)
patterned paper - Heidi Grace Designs (pink stripe)
stamp - Heidi Swapp ( i Love you)
other - unknown (button, pink floss); Stampin' Up! (heart punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, rhinestones, border punch, label punch, baker's twine)

That's it.....
Thanks for looking!



Pin It!

2 comments:

Tomomi Nomura(nom) said...

Beautiful card Kelly.
Love yore stitching !!

Unknown said...

"A Stitch in Time Saves Nine". Nine hearts sewn together was EXACTLY what I had in mind, I was so hoping to see a card do that! The hearts look great! Your design is gorgeous, love the bracket and banner piece breaking up the frame and also loving the embossed background!