Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sketchy Thursdays #1.12 , The Play Date Cafe #114


This week's sketch from Sketchy Thursdays:



Plus these colors from the Play Date Cafe:




Equals this page from me:


I obviously didn't follow the sketch exactly, I flipped it...and made few other changes. I am usually a 8.5 x 11 pager, so I always feel a bit awkward doing larger pages.  The only reason I ever do larger pages is for this:


I do an album for every year of my 5 kid's life.  From birthday to birthday... that's a lot of albums. So, to cut cost down, I buy regular 3 ring albums and page protectors - which is why I scrap 8.5 x 11 :)  Anyway, it's great because I get to decorate the album itself, as well.

supply list:
patterned paper - Prima ( purple and gold); October Afternoon (Kitchen Cupboard)
cardstock - Stampin' Up!(Cherry Cobbler)
flowers - Prima
ribbon - May Arts
rhinestones - Stampin' Up!
letter stickers - American Crafts (Honey puffy letter stickers)
other stickers - 7Gypsies
embossing folder - Cuttlebug
punch - Stampin' Up! (notebook edge)
jounaler - Zig
buttons - unknown


Thanks for looking!



Pin It!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

so cute, the colors go great with your photo!

Debbie P said...

How pretty! Love that color combo. They are adorable.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this!! ADORABLE photo and loving the flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Thank you so much for playing along with the last Sketchy Thursdays challenge. I love what you made! :) It is amazing!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I'm impressed when someone can make a LO using our color stories! Great use of papers and flowers--fun page! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Unknown said...

I love your 12x12!!! I am so bummed for not being able to do the last Sketchy Thursday sketch in time, Aaaargh! Good luck with their album, I am always in awe when i realize again that you have 5 children. that is such a beautiful thing! You are amazing woman! Continued blessings and joy! Have a wonderful weekend, love!